Module 1: Overview of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
This module describes the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager feature set and explains how to manage sites by using the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Console.
- Introduction to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Overview of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Console
- Tools for Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Configuration Manager Site
Module 2: Discovering and Organizing Resources
This module explains how to configure discovery methods, configure boundaries and boundary groups, manage user and device collections, and implement role-based security.
- Configuring Resource Discovery
- Configuring Boundaries and Boundary Groups
- Configuring User and Device Collections
- Configuring Role-Based Administration
Module 3: Managing the Configuration Manager Client
This module explains how to configure client deployment methods and client settings, and monitor client status.
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager Client
- Managing Client Agents
- Configuring and Monitoring Client Status
Module 4: Managing Inventory and Software Metering
This module explains how to configure and manage hardware and software inventory, monitor inventory data flow, and use asset intelligence and software metering.
- Overview of Inventory Collection
- Configuring Hardware Inventory
- Configuring Software Inventory
- Managing Inventory Collection
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
- Configuring Software Metering
Module 5: Querying and Reporting Data
This module explains how to create queries and run reports by using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Introduction to Queries
- Managing Queries
- Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services
Module 6: Managing Software Deployments by Using Packages and Programs
This module explains how to create and deploy packages and programs.
- Configuring Software Distribution
- Configuring Packages and Programs
- Distributing Content to Distribution Points
- Deploying Programs to Configuration Manager Clients
Module 7: Creating and Deploying Applications
This module explains how to create and deploy applications by using the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager application model.
- Overview of Application Management
- Creating Applications
- Deploying Applications
- Configuring the Application Catalog
Module 8: Managing Application Deployment
This module explains how to configure application deployment requirements, application supersedence, application un-installation, and multiple deployment types.
- Configuring Requirements and Dependencies for Deployment Types
- Configuring Multiple Deployment Types and User Device Affinity
- Managing Applications
Module 9: Deploying and Managing Software Updates
This module explains how to deploy and manage software updates.
- Overview of Software Updates
- Preparing the Configuration Manager Site for Software Updates
- Managing Software Updates
- Configuring Automatic Deployment Rules
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Software Updates
Module 10: Implementing Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager 2012
This module explains how to integrate and implement System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring and Monitoring Endpoint Protection Policies
Module 11: Managing Operating System Deployment
This module explains how to deploy operating systems by using the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- Overview of Operating System Deployment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Capturing an Operating System Image
- Deploying an Operating System
Module 12: Managing Compliance Settings
This module explains how to manage configuration items and baselines to assess and remediate the compliance of settings on devices.
- Overview of Compliance Settings
- Configuring Compliance Settings
- Viewing Compliance Results
Module 13: Managing Mobile Devices
This module explains how to configure the mobile device management settings.
- Configuring Mobile Device Management
- Depth Management of Mobile Devices
- Deploying Applications to Mobile Devices
Module 14: Configuring Wake On LAN, Power Management, and Remote Control
This module explains how to configure Wake On LAN, power management policies, and Remote Control.
- Configuring Wake On LAN
- Overview of Out of Band Management
- Configuring Power Management Settings
- Configuring Remote Control