Module 1: Windows Store Apps Essentials
This module provides a review of the essential Windows Store app features.
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials – Presentation
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials – Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
This module explains how to add animations and transitions to improve the user experience using the VisualStateManager and control templates.
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
This module explains how to localize Windows Store app user interface.
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User Interface
This module explains how to brand Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Differentiate your app with branding
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
This module explains how to use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for an app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
This module explains how to create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Creating and Consuming WinMD Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
This module explains how to implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
This module explains how to work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
Module 9: Capturing Media
This module explains how to capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Module 10: Background Tasks
This module explains how to create and consume background tasks.
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
This module explains how to discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with your App
This module explains how to generate revenue with Windows Store apps using trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
This module explains how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows 8 apps.
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
This module explains how to diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App