This module describes the Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure and typical deployment scenarios.
- Introduction to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Overview of the Configuration Manager 2012 Server Default Site System Roles
- Overview of the Configuration Manager 2012 Server Optional Site System Roles
- Overview of Configuration Manager 2012 Deployment Scenarios
Module 2: Planning and Deploying a Stand-Alone Primary Site
This module explains the planning process, inputs, and typical planning activities for deploying a stand-alone primary site. It also describes the prerequisites for installing a site server and related components, the process of installing, configuring, and monitoring a stand-alone primary site. This module also describes the requirements for managing Internet-based clients and configuring a Microsoft PKI solution.
- Planning a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Stand-Alone Primary Site Deployment
- Preparing to Deploy a Configuration Manager 2012 Primary Site
- Installing a Configuration Manager 2012 Site Server
- Performing Post-Setup Configuration Tasks
- Tools for Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Configuration Manager 2012 Installation
- Managing Internet-Based Clients
Module 3: Planning and Configuring Role-Based Administration
This module explains how to plan and configure administrative roles.
- Overview of Role-Based Administration
- Identifying IT Roles in Your Organization
- Configuring Role-Based Administration
Module 4: Planning and Deploying a Multiple-Site Hierarchy
This module explains how to plan and deploy a multiple-site hierarchy including the central administration site, primary sites, and secondary sites.
- Planning a Configuration Manager 2012 Multiple-Site Hierarchy
- Deploying a Configuration Manager 2012 Site
- Deploying the Central Administration Site
- Deploying Primary Sites in a Hierarchy
- Deploying Secondary Sites
Module 5: Data Replication and Content Management
This module describes types and data replication, monitoring and troubleshooting data replication throughout the hierarchy, and planning for, configuring, and monitoring content management.
- Introduction to Data Types and Replication
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Data Replication
- Planning for Content Management
- Configuring and Monitoring Content Management
Module 6: Planning and Completing System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Client Deployment
This module explores various methods to plan and deploy Configuration Manager 2012 clients, including discovery methods, client deployment methods, managing clients, and monitoring client status.
- Introduction to Discovery Methods
- Introduction to Configuration Manager 2012 Client Deployment
- Deploying Configuration Manager 2012 Clients
- Managing Configuration Manager 2012 Clients
- Monitoring Configuration Manager 2012 Client Status
Module 7: Maintaining and Monitoring System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
This module describes how to perform various Configuration Manager 2012 maintenance tasks, and how to monitor site systems.
- Overview of Configuration Manager 2012 Site Maintenance
- Performing Backup and Recovery of a Configuration Manager 2012 Site
- Monitoring Configuration Manager 2012 Site Systems
Module 8: Migrating from System Center Configuration Manager 2007 to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
This module describes the migration of objects from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
- Overview of the Migration Process
- Preparing Configuration Manager 2007 Sites for Migration
- Configuring Migration Settings
- Migrating Objects