Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Introduction to jQuery
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user’s browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker