What are we looking for?
We are looking for IT engineers of all levels to grow with us as we expand the company. Are you looking to progress your IT career in a well-established, company? If you have IT & Telecoms experience, a solid technical skillset, and the ability to build strong relationships then this is the role for you.
Who are ITCS?
Established in 2004, ITCS is a UK-wide business technology partner. With our network of Support Engineers, Telecoms Specialists, and software professionals, we offer IT Support, Business Telecoms, and other digital services UK Wide.
We are an established, award-winning company with a culture of continuous development, and take pride when it comes to the progression and development of our teams. Building on our sixteen-year history, we have ambitious plans to continue to grow the business and our aim is to become one of the best places to work in the UK.
If you are looking to kick start/progress your IT career in a role with great benefits and are ready to work hard to deliver outstanding results and have fun along the way, then NOW is the time to join us.
What are the benefits of working for ITCS?
- Flexible approach to working with both on-site and desk-based tasks
- Enrolled in an accredited qualification from day one with the company
- Access to a fleet vehicle for visits to customer sites
- Equipment provided i.e. laptops, tablets, etc.
- Company and team social events
- Gym membership contribution
- Access to exclusive deals
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Holidays including bank holidays
- Training and education plans
- Progression opportunities
- Opportunity for on-call and overtime hours in evenings and on weekends
- Competitive salary – permanent position
- Full uniform
What could your typical tasks include?
Level 2 & 3
- Day to day desktop support.
- Prioritise and manage own dashboard/workload – taking jobs through from start to completion.
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture whilst building positive working relationships with customers and other third party professionals.
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding.
- Respond within agreed time limits and SLA’s.
- Install, configure, and repair hardware including installation of operating systems and applications.
- Monitor systems and networks, undertaking fault investigations in local and wide-area environments.
- Supporting companies through various accreditations and audits.
- Installation and monitoring of various backup solutions.
- Installation, configuration, and provisioning of VoIP telephony solutions.
- Maximising network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organisations.
- The support, configuration, and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment.
- Dealing with escalation requests from the 1st and 2nd line team.
- Liaising with project management team, 3rd line engineers, and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Office 365 and server implementation/migrations.
- New customer on-boarding.
- IT consultancy.
- Project Management including own forecasting and time management.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- The design and implementation of new solutions and improving the resilience of the current environment.
Which areas do you need to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of?
- Strong telephone manner and customer service skills
- Desktop PC Support & Repairs
- Windows Server 2008 through to 2019
- Microsoft Exchange
- VPN Technologies
- Office 365 Administration
- Active Directory
- VoIP systems
- Networking (DHCP, DNS, TCPIP)
- Wireless Networking
- Firewall and Network Security Technologies
- Hyper-V, VMWare, SAN, NAS
- Automation and Scripting using PowerShell
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Level 2: £20,000 – £24,000 (Depending on experience) – Level 3: £24,000 – £30,000 (Depending on experience)
Experience: IT Support for 3 years (desirable but not essential). MSP experience is desirable.
License: Full UK Driving Licence (required – preferably held for a minimum of two years)
Apply for this role now:
To apply for this role, please contact us using the form below, attaching a covering statement and your CV.