Who are we looking for?
We are looking for IT engineers of all levels to grow with us as we expand the company. Are you looking to progress your IT career in a well-established company? If you have IT experience, a solid technical skillset, and the ability to build strong relationships then this is the role for you.
What are the benefits of working for ITCS?
- Flexible approach to working with both on-site and desk-based tasks
- Enrolled onto an accredited qualification from day one with the company
- Access to a fleet vehicle for visits to customer sites
- Equipment provided i.e. laptops, tablets etc.
- Company and team social events
- Gym membership contribution
- Access to exclusive deals
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Holidays including bank holidays
- Training and education plans
- Progression opportunities
- Opportunity for on-call and overtime hours in evenings and on weekends
- Competitive salary – permanent position
- Full uniform
What would your working schedule be?
- 7.5 hours, Monday-Friday (Flexible between the hours of 08:00-17:30)
- Overtime opportunities
What could your typical tasks include?
Level 2 & 3
- Day to day desktop support
- Prioritise and manage own dashboard/workload – taking jobs through from start to completion
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture whilst building positive working relationships with customers and other third party professionals
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding
- Respond within agreed time limits and SLA’s
- Installation, configuration and repair of hardware including installation of operating systems and applications
- Monitoring systems and networks, undertaking fault investigations in local and wide area environments
- Supporting companies through various accreditations and audits
- Installation and monitoring of various backup solutions
- Installation, configuration and provisioning of VoIP telephony solutions
- Maximising network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations
- The support, configuration and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment
- Dealing with escalation requests from the 1st and 2nd line team.
- Liaising with project management team, 3rd line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
- Microsoft 365 and server implementation/migrations.
- New customer onboarding.
- IT consultancy.
- Project management including own forecasting and time management.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Establishing networking environments by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- The design and implementation of new solutions and improving the resilience of the current environment.
Which areas do you need to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of?
- Strong telephone manner and customer service skills
- Desktop PC Support & Repairs
- Windows Server 2008 through to 2019
- Microsoft Exchange
- VPN Technologies
- Office 365 Administration
- Active Directory
- VoIP systems
- Networking (DHCP, DNS, TCPIP)
- Wireless Networking
- Firewall and Network Security Technologies
- Hyper-V, VMWare, SAN, NAS
- Automation and Scripting using PowerShell
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible Schedule
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Weekend availability
- IT Support Experience: 2 Years (Preferred)
- UK Driver’s Licence held for 2 years or more
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check as part of the Induction with ITCS.