ELEVATING YOUR SECURITY ONE STEP FURTHER
Cyber Essentials is a set of baseline security standards and guidelines, developed for organisations to follow in order to protect themselves against common cyber threats.
What is the difference between Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus?
Cyber Essentials Plus is considered superior to the basic Cyber Essentials certification for several reasons:
Cyber Essentials Plus involves a more in-depth assessment of an organisation’s cybersecurity measures. It includes both a self-assessment questionnaire and an external vulnerability scan, providing a more comprehensive evaluation of security controls.
In Cyber Essentials Plus, the external vulnerability scan simulates real-world cyberattacks. This means that not only are security policies and configurations evaluated, but the effectiveness of these controls in a live environment is also assessed.
Achieving Cyber Essentials Plus certification demonstrates a higher level of commitment to cybersecurity. It signifies that an organisation has undergone a more stringent assessment process and has taken additional steps to secure its systems and data.
Cyber Essentials Plus assessments are conducted by independent certification bodies, adding an extra layer of trust and credibility to the certification. This third-party validation can be valuable when dealing with customers, partners, and regulatory bodies.
The more thorough assessment in Cyber Essentials Plus helps identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses that may not be apparent in the basic certification. Addressing these vulnerabilities proactively reduces the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches.
Customers and stakeholders often have more confidence in organisations that hold Cyber Essentials Plus certification because it signifies a deeper commitment to cybersecurity. This can lead to stronger business relationships and increased trust.
Some contracts, especially in the public sector and government contracts, require Cyber Essentials Plus certification as a minimum cybersecurity standard. Having this certification opens up opportunities for organisations to bid on such contracts.
While both Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus are valuable certifications, the latter offers a higher level of assurance and a more thorough assessment, making it the preferred choice for organisations that want to elevate their cybersecurity measures and demonstrate a deeper commitment to protecting their digital assets.
Why ITCS ?
Partnering with ITCS to achieve Cyber Essentials Plus certification offers several significant benefits to the companies we work with:
- Expert Guidance: ITCS brings a wealth of expertise and experience in cybersecurity. They can guide your company through the certification process, ensuring that all necessary security controls are in place and effectively implemented.
- Streamlined Assessment: ITCS helps streamline the assessment process, making it more efficient and effective. They can identify and address potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities in advance, saving your company time and effort.
- Thorough Evaluation: ITCS conducts a rigorous assessment of your company’s cybersecurity measures, including both internal and external testing. This comprehensive evaluation ensures that your security controls are robust and effective.
- External Validation: Achieving Cyber Essentials Plus certification through ITCS involves third-party validation, adding credibility and trust to your company’s cybersecurity efforts. This external validation can be valuable when dealing with clients, partners, and regulatory bodies.
- Reduced Risk: By working with ITCS to achieve Cyber Essentials Plus, your company can identify and mitigate potential security risks and vulnerabilities. This proactive approach reduces the likelihood of cyberattacks and data breaches, protecting your business and reputation.
- Enhanced Customer Confidence: Holding Cyber Essentials Plus certification demonstrates your company’s commitment to cybersecurity. This can instil confidence in your customers and partners, potentially leading to stronger business relationships and increased trust.
- Competitive Advantage: Having Cyber Essentials Plus certification can be a competitive advantage, especially when bidding for contracts or seeking new business opportunities. Many contracts, especially in the public sector, require this certification as a minimum cybersecurity standard.
- Long-Term Security: The cybersecurity measures implemented to achieve Cyber Essentials Plus certification go beyond just certification. They provide a foundation for ongoing cybersecurity practices, ensuring the long-term security of your company’s digital assets.
In summary, partnering with ITCS to achieve Cyber Essentials Plus certification offers a range of benefits, including expert guidance, a streamlined assessment process, enhanced security, external validation, reduced risk, improved customer confidence, a competitive edge, and a long-term commitment to cybersecurity. It’s an investment that not only helps your company meet cybersecurity standards but also strengthens its overall security posture.