A soft phone isn’t actually a phone at all.
A softphone is actually a piece of software – similar to Skype, or Slack, that enables you to make phonecalls from other devices, such as your smartphone, tablet or PC.
If you have a softphone, a headset, microphone, and VoIP provider, you can place video calls and Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, calls.
What’s Great about a Soft phone:
As remote working becomes increasingly popular, the versatility and portability of the softphone is proving extremely appealing for many clients.
With a softphone, you can do many of the things that you can do on your desk phone, whilst unifying communications throughout the business so no call goes unanswered. With a Softphone, you can:
- Place, receive, and transfer calls
- Manage your contacts
- Set call waiting and do not disturb settings
- Update rules for how calls forward
- Reroute calls
- Call with a single click
- And more
Why You need a Soft phone:
Although no one is exactly throwing their desk-phones away yet, the flexibility of VoIP has allowed business owners to easily use a mix of both handset and soft phones to allow for business versatility.
There are a range of benefits of using soft phones in your business. In addition to significant cost reduction, Soft phones:
- Are easy to obtain and use
- Can save money in comparison to desk phones
- Lower monthly service charges and international call costs
- Advanced calling features — even video conferencing
- Adding and removing users easily
- Provide portability: employees can work from anywhere whilst retaining the same phone number
- Present a unified and professional company image
- Integration with CRM systems
Should I get rid of my desk phone?
The reality is that every business is different, and therefore every businesses communication strategy will be different. The choice between the Desk phone or Soft phone solution is a question that many businesses have to grapple with.
Both IP Desk phones and Softphones have got their pros and cons. You’ll need to take your business individual needs into consideration to determine the most appropriate phone solution.
If you need help or advice determining what solution is the most appropriate for your business, get in touch with ITCS Business Telecoms .